Lunes, Martes, Miercoles, Juves, Viernes, Sabado, Domingo.
Yep. I know the days of the week. In Spanish. Oh snap.
Speaking of Spanish... I can't find my Spanish test. Yikesss.
So once again, I find myself on my computer... past eleven... on a school night. Six hours of sleep, here I come.
Did I mention I can't find my Spanish test?
So what happened this past week? Hm. Well.
Monday. What even happened on Monday? What happened at all? Everything is a blur... Oh boy. I can't even remember what happened this week.
All I remember is that I had two Spanish tests. One I already recieved back, and got a 95% on (:D) and on which I'm supposed to hand in tomorrow... which is yet to be found. I did it on time and everything. Urghh.
Right so, I'm pretty forgetful, in case I haven't already established this numerous times in this post.
What days can I remember? I remember that I didn't start my homework until 4:00 on Tuesday... and Thursday was probably worse, I did barely anything then either... so yes. I did homework all weekend because I didn't do it the days I was assinged to do it. That's how I roll. (--Mrs. Myers.)
The only ounce of social life I recieved this week was today. For real. Nothing else happened. Okay, I went to Wednesday Night Live, which was fun. Not quite as crazy as most weeks, for some reason. And today? Yep, church again. Church was my social event of the week. Mhm. But it was good. Today was actually a pretty great day, not gonna lie. We got to church, and a kid visited our youth choir... and NO LIE, he was a mini Justin Bieber. For real. It was pretty incredible. Sunday school was good, because we got to give highs and lows which is always fun. And Doug taught today :D. The service was lovely. I actually felt God's presence today, which I haven't felt in church for several weeks now... I used to always feel Him. Of course, I do constantly feel Him, all around me. I'm very conciously aware of him watching me this very moment, as I type these words about Him. Wow... I just felt a pulse in my hand... I have no clue if that was from you God, but it felt cool anyway. Okay. So the sermon was great; Tat Stewart gave the talk, and he's just wonderful to listen to. He's so relatable, as my dad phrased it. I (usually) love when past pastors (hehe) come and give the sermons at Atonement... it's nice hearing different varieties and different approaches to certain things. So yeah, church was pretty great today. And afterwards, Leah needed some pictures for her photography class, and I got to model for her :D. That was actually really fun. Todd and Philip jumped in, wanting to be a part of the action. Favorite pic of the day? Me, wearing Albert's aviators, leaning against his blue mustang. Uhuh. Epicness :). We then went out to lunch, which is always enjoyable. I love being with Leah. For realz. Kinda one of my best friends in the worldd.
My family and I also got to sing in a assisted living place today. And just to be honest... we were such a blessing to them. I made sure to shake all of their hands and just talk to them, as well as sing to them... we sang fun songs, but we also sang Christian songs. One of the women there kept saying, "You're giving us such a great message." Another man, who was unbearbly kind and reminded me of a super sweet version of the old man from Up, stood up after we were done preforming and said, "I just wanted to say that I thought this was spectacular." It was simply wonderful to hear. I used to be so afraid of old people. It's silly. It's honestly ridiculous, really. They were once just like us. I like imaging them in their old life... being young and free, just like I am right now. Thinking about becoming them scares me... but it's the course of life. And I won't have to be that way long, if at all. I'll be with Jesus soon enough :).
Then I did homework.
Then I found five dollars.
:) You know what I haven't said in a while?
GOD. IS. GOOD.
How marvelous is that to hear? How pure and beautiful and true are those words?
I cannot comprehend His magnificence.
LORD-
Help me to focus on You. I'm not talking about reading my Bible once a day or taking care to pray at the dinner table. No. I mean talking with you. Loving you. Being with you. It is my utmost desire; to just be with you. Help me to do so.
Help me to focus on homework as well. As everyone clearly knows, I have a problem concentrating... help that problem to disappear this week, as I take on another load of homework.
But also help me to remember; you are the Utmost Highest. I am to put you before anything else. Help me Lord. Obviously, I need a LOT of help. Doesn't everyone? We have all sinned and fallen short of you... and I know that on a personal level. Please Lord. Help us. Help me.
In your Utmost name,
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment