Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In love with love?

So, it's official. I have the bestest friends in the world.

After freaking out over the PSATs (which were easy peezy lemon squeezy, btw) and posting everywhere how miserable I was, they all stood up. Even people who aren't like, my best friends were some of the ones really attempting to comfort me. That meant more than they'll ever know. I never, ever want to leave them.

Thanks. So much. Amelia, Andrew, Dan, Lindsay Anne... and so many more. You all made me so calm and collected. I realized- hey. This is only the practice test. Sure, it's a test... but I'm taking it again next year... and by then, I'll be a pro. And who knows. Maybe I'll get a higher school and be a finalist. I doubt it, but who knows :D I know what to expect now.

So thanks. Everyone. For everything. The prayers made all the difference in the world... because the prayers came true.

Oh Lord. I love you more than life itself. I love you more than anything. Thank you.

I've realized I hold a lot of love inside me. Perhaps more than what is normal. I love very easily. Not like, passionate love... not that in love stuff. I've never been in love with anyone, and I doubt I will be for some time. But I do love. I love so very much. It's that sort of pulsing feeling of genuine care in my chest. It's wonderful and warm and joyous. I feel it so much, and it makes me want to sing. Honestly. I want to sing and dance for joy... because I have so much love.

Love hurts. Almost always. It leaves that painful feeling in the back of your throat when you're forcing down the sobs... you know what I mean?

Even though love can tear you apart, I think that's part of it that makes it so wonderful. It's a roller-coaster... it's inconsistent... but it never, ever fails.

True love, that is. You can call something love, when it's really just that feeling of comfort or appreciation or temporary-ness.

I love my friends. I love my God. I love so so SO MUCH!

Thanks God, for blessing me with all this love inside of me. Even though some of it may be foolish, or simple... it's still love.

Love is beyond belief. How can it even be described with words?

I think that just maybe...

I'M IN LOVE WITH LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13:

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments: