What can I say? Whenever I even think about our trip to the OBX in my mind, I get all jumpy and have to smile. We're going back! Is all I can think. It's going to be just like last time... okay, well maybe not exactly like last time. But its the same people (Reirassdralinkfieldmaharriseichardsons) and the same place (La Ventana). That doesn't mean it won't be completely different, of course. We've all changed in our seperate ways. Some have grown taller; others, shorter (no offense, of course). Some of us have matured in ways even we don't understand. I for one, have given up all thoughts of Oreos, ice cream, and soft drinks. Lets see if it lasts the week... (not likely). I've also changed in my faith, even if ever so slightly. Perhaps the stars will mean even more to me this time than last.
I should explain the stars. Though, the explanation I have can never actually begin to describe the beauty that the stars display without a second thought (can stars think? I don't think so..). Last year, during the middle of the week, some of us decided to go and watch the stars one clear summer night. I think this venture changed some of us right then and there. They were beautiful. I've never seen so many stars in my life. In one of my stories, the girl and her friend William have climbed a tree, and they are staring up at the sky;
The sky was clear, darkest of all blues, so deep, I knew it must go on forever. Not a cloud was in sight. But the stars are what caught my attention; millions. Millions upon millions of twinkling stars gazed down at me, brightening the deep blue of the night sky. It looked as if the moon, as full as full, was smiling. Smiling at William and I, smiling at the whole world.
I think I was inspired to write this from looking at the stars at the OBX. After that first night, we strived to return to the beach every night to gaze at the stars that so devotedly gazed back at us. Seeing the stars like that, so clearly, opened a whole new dominion of wonder inside me. It was like God was staring down at me through those stars. The feeling was truely sensational. And I'm desperatly excited to see them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment