Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do Hard Things

Hey! So I know I haven't written in like, three weeks or something, but I was going to write this enormously long entry about our time at the beach, but I'm STILL working on it, so I figured I'd start anew and maybe post that some day when I actually finish it. Which may be never. Sorry.

Mkay! Well, school started. Good fun. Freshman year, start of highschool. All that. Whoopdeedoo.

I'm really not trying to complain (I mean, this is my blog, and no one actually reads it regularly, so I don't think people will look too terribly down on me for saying this) but school is kind of... well, hard this year. Its stressful and tedious and long and just plain hard. But hey! Guess what?

I'm a Rebolutionary.

And, apprently, that's what we do. Hard things, I mean.

This past Saturday, I went to the Rebolution "Do Hard Things" conference for the second time in my life. It was even more awesome, beautiful, and powerful than the last. It was like God reached down and gave me a little nudge that said, "Hellooo. This is your second time going to this conference. Aren't you supposed to be doing something?"

So anyway, I've kind of, officially, given my life to Christ now. That makes me smile. Just typing it. I had before, (of course) but now its written down and on the internet for the whole world to see. So if you were wondering... here it is :). (I love that part in the movie Amazing Grace [watch it. Super good.] when the servant asks, "Have you found God, sir?" and the main character replies, "I think He found me." Sweet truth.)

Anyway, I feel like God is calling me to do several things. (1) Get out there and preach it. Be a light! Witness! Testify! Like, specifically to several people I know. But actually do it. Don't just be nice to them, and show them love. That's always extremely important, but sometimes it isn't enough. (2) Write. Not just all those silly love story stuff I normally right, but write for Him. Which I already had been doing, but even more so now. (3) [Do everything I possibly can] to follow the Lord with my everything, and to learn more and more about how to be the salt of the earth, and to become a Christian that God looks down upon with pleasure and gladness [Oh yeah, that whole section above in the brackets. The reason being that there isn't a single thing I can do without God.]

Anyway, I hope this doesn't stop, and that I forever and always continue to live my life for God. Because without Him, I am nothing. Absolutely nothing. Let that sink in for a sec...

Nothing.

God?

He's everything.