You're Harry Freakin' Potter!
We don't prefer Gandalf,
Merlin, or Oz,
You're a whole lot hotter!
With that lighting scar,
you're a superstar to us all!
If we're in trouble we know who to call!
--A VERY POTTER MUSICAL, THE SEQUEL.
Ima end this post with a little more lyric quoting, if you don't mind ;)
Anyway, I just got back from the Reichard's house at which I stayed after I SAW THE PREMIERE OF HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1!!!!!!!
So yeah. I saw it. And yes, ladies and gentleman. It was the best one yet.
Hard to comprehend? Yes, I thought so. Actually, not that much... I mean, the books are absolutely unbeatable, but the movies haven't exactly been the greatest films of all time. You know why? They didn't follow the books. This past one did, and that's why it was such an incredible movie.
If you're considering not seeing it in the theaters, STOP. GO SEE IT IN THEATERS. It is so beyond worth it.
Okay, full story. Wednesday afternoon, I ran out of school and climbed into the Fiori's car, where my adventures began. I stayed at their house that night, where I ate the best shrimp scampy ever; had the awesomest dance party ever with Tia; and watched the pretty much best musical ever, A Very Potter Musical (the quotation above is from the sequel, which I do not recommend.) Anyway, we had a lot of fun, and we went over the Reichard's the next day around 3:30. The Reichard's were having a Harry Potter marathon, but we only got there to watch 4 and 5. We would've watched 6, but no one thought to bring it, so we just drove on over to the theaters around 8:45. We stayed out in the cold to wait in line, we drove to 7/11 and got goodies, we creepily watched the movie that some people were playing on the laptop next to us... it was great. When we were finally allowed inside, it was about 10:00... so yes. We waited in that theater for more than two hours before it actually started. It ended up working out beautifully though, because everyone was able to sit together and we got really good seats. The time went faster than I thought. Time flies when you're so excited you could burst, especially when you're with some of your best friends. We talked, we laughed, we took pictures. Soon enough, the actual previews started... and everyone had been waiting so long, that even when the previews began everyone cheered and applauded. When the actual movie began, everyone in that theater was thunderous. Oh, and did I mention that we weren't the only ones dressed up? The majority of the theater was in some kind of Harry Potter wear, which was amazing to experience. I mean, we weren't all there just to see a movie. We were there to watch Harry Freakin Potter. We were like a unity of obsessive, enthusiastic fans who all needed to be a part of the Harry Potter experience, or we wouldn't live. In fact, one of the workers came in and said loudly, "The show has been canceled!" Everyone just snapped their heads towards him. He quickly said, "Just kidding!" and the bloodlust in everyone's eyes subsided ;). But the greatest thing was that we all were there for the same reason. We were all there to watch the greatest story any of us have ever known come to life. And we couldn't just sit still and watch it. We cheered, we screamed, we we smiled, we clapped, we stomped. We experienced. It was truly awesome. Anyway, it was just so cool to be a part of. We all knew we were the biggest nerds on the planet, but that just made it a billion times better. Whenever a new character would come on the screen, preferably one we hadn't seen in a while, or someone we really loved, everyone clapped and cheered.
There were some parts of this movie that made me literally cringe in my seat. Like, want to curl up and close my eyes (which I did end up doing, several times). Other parts made me get that lump in my throat. Other times made me smile and laugh hysterically. And still other parts just made me fall in love with the characters even further, if that's even possible.
I would most definitely say it was the best Harry Potter movie so far.
So GO. GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE IN THEATERS. You will not regret it. But if possible, go with friends. It just makes it that much better.
UGH just thinking about that experience gives me this feeling of just utter contentment inside my chest. Like my heart is twice it's normal size. I bet some people would be rather disapproving and skeptical of my description... like, how I love it so much I could burst. But I do. I love Harry Potter. But really, it made all the difference in the world to be there with friends. I just felt complete. Like how could it get any better? Amazing movie, amazing friends... amazing God. God allowed all this to happen. You are amazing, God.
Ginny:
I've been alone
surrounded by darkness
and I've seen how heartless
the world can be
And I've seen you crying
you felt like it's hopeless
I'll always do my best
to make you see
That Harry, you're not alone
cause you're here with me
and nothing's ever gonna bring us down
cause nothing can keep me from lovin' you
and you know it's true
it don't matter what'll come to be
our love is all we need to make it through
Now I know it ain't easy
(Harry: No it ain't easy)
But it ain't hard trying
(its so hard trying)
everytime I see you smiling
and I feel you so close to me
tell me
Ginny and Harry:
That baby you're not alone
cause you're here with me
and nothing's ever gonna bring us down
cause nothing can keep me from lovin' you
and you know its true
it don't matter what'll come to be
our love is all we need to make it through
Harry:
Now I still have trouble
I trip and stumble
trying to make sense of things some times
I look for reasons
but I dont need 'em
all I need is to look in your eyes
and I realize
Ron: Hey Harry!
Harry: You guys came back.
Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny:
Baby you're not alone
cause you're here with me
and nothing's ever gonna bring us down
cause nothing can keep me from lovin' you
and you know it's true
it don't matter what'll come to be
our love is all we need to make it through
Harry:
Cause it don't matter what'll come to be
our love is all we need to make it through
It don't matter what'll come to be
Our love is all we need to make it through.
No comments:
Post a Comment