1
Hers.
Why does he always have to look at me like that?
What? Am I that disgusting looking that he has to grimace every time he sees me?
What a pig. I bet he has no feelings at all.
My thoughts exactly the first time I set eyes on Prince Henry. Well, not the very first time. The first time I can remember.
I'd met Prince Henry when I was an infant, too small to understand. He was almost four, and even he was too dense.
After that, I saw him when I was three, and again when I was six. The next time I saw him, I was ten, and I had complete comprehension for what I was being forced to do. The arrangement that he and I had to follow through with.
Engagement.
Yuck! How could I ever marry him?! I thought to myself miserably as I watched the prince fidget from across the table. His ears stick out, his nose is ridiculously long, his eyes are the color of mud, and his hair is curlier than a spoiled poodle! He's a conceited little brat, I can tell.
He glanced over at me again. He frowned, and I stuck my tongue out at him. He gasped, and I smiled smugly. I would stick out my tongue whenever and to whomever I pleased, thank you very much.
Much to my astonishment however, he returned the tongue gesture, followed by a peircing glare. I summoned up all the angry feelings I had ever felt towards him and everyone else who had forced us into this marriage and displayed it, for the whole world to see, upon my face.
"Gabrielle! What in heaven's name...?"
I looked up at my mother, who looked quite alarmed at my glare of such intense hatred. My face changed dramatically, replaced by my dazzeling smile (which happened to be missing two essential teeth at the very front at the time).
"Yes, Mother?"
She shook herself. "Nothing, dear," and she returned to her converstaion with Henry's parents and my father.
I glanced back at the boy, just for a moment. He was scowling at me again, and I flashed a look of distaste in his direction. I couldn't help wondering what he was thinking....
His.
What is with her glares?
Am I that horribly ugly that all she can do is scowl at me?
What a girl. I bet she has no feelings at all.
When I was thirteen, these were my thoughts as I stared at the silly girl across the table. Her strikingly green eyes wouldn't stop staring in my direction.
Why, oh why did I have to be engaged to her? The most miserable, horrid, indignant girl in the entire world.
She stuck her tongue out at me! Does she not know her place? That silly, stupid, idiotic....
There. That will teach her. She never imagined I'd do the same to her.
Oh, that infuriating brat of a princess! I can't beleive I used to play with her when I was little. In the gardens behind the castle... we would pretend we were unicorns, and gallop across the fields, without a care in the world... her long, strawberry blond hair playing with the wind...
I can't believe I ever even tried to be friends with her. And now, Mother and Father think everything is just dandy, and that we're wonderful friends. Please. How blind can they be?
Aha! Her mother caught her in her mischeif. Now she's in for it.
What? How can that girl win someone over so quickly?
I sent one more look of loathing in her direction before I turned my face from her completely. I couldn't stand her, and I knew she couldn't stand me. So why did the Kings and Queens continue with the engagement? Our hatred for each other would never cease, that I knew.
Sorry for all the grammer blunders. I messed up a ton with tense issues. Is this past or present? Past... but... wait, what? Ha ;) So, pretty much Gabrielle and Henry hate each other... passionately. How is this arranged marriage ever going to work out? You'll have to wait and see ;) that is, if I write any more. I'll post the prologue soon too, perhaps. Anyway. It popped into my head. I can't wait to continue working on it though :)
No comments:
Post a Comment