Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Phone calls.

I've never liked phone calls. Many of my friends are aware of that. They call me up, and they try to converse with me, asking "How are you?" or "What are you doing this weekend?". But really, I'm very bad at keeping up a conversation on the phone. I never know what to say unless I'm really hyper at the moment and just blab about nothing for ten minutes. Thus, the friends who know me well enough usually don't call me up just to talk. I'm not complaining; like I said, I'm not too good at talking on the phone, and I'm mostly just kind of awkward.
But last night, Leah called me up. It started out as a "business" call, not just the "Hey what's up" call. But it turned into that. It normally does.
We talked for quite a while. One hour, 35 minutes, and 19 seconds. Mostly I was just keeping Leah company. She was home alone and convinced there was a creeper in her parent's upstairs bathroom.
I told her to read some Bible verses. She read them to me over the phone, and I listened. I gave her Psalm 91 and Pslam 27 (mostly verses 1-6 for that one). I don't know how much good it did, but at least it was a comfort for me to hear them. Poor Leah. Scared out of her wits.
But I think phone calls are good for people. It's good to catch up. And please feel free to call me; don't feel like you shouldn't call me any more because of this post. I love to catch up. Call me if you're willing to talk with me just listening. Because I like to listen :).

1 comment:

Who Decides? said...

hahaha same!! Except I just talked on the phone with Kelly for like an hour..